Do you have moments when you are motivated to write articles for your site but can't seem to find a place to start?
“If you give an audience a chance they will do half your acting for you.”
~ Katharine Hepburn
Next time that happens, start asking yourself questions to help you get started:
- Who is the audience for this article?
- who am I writing for?
- what level of experience do they have?
- what writing style is appropriate?
- What is this article about?
- are you writing to introduce people to your topic?
- are you writing to raise awareness?
- or are you writing to inform about something new in the industry?
- Where am I going with this?
- what's on demand?
- what is the goal of the article?
- what will readers learn?
- When do I want to stop?
- how much information is enough?
- where is the fine line between benefiting and overwhelming?
- when writing separate article will be more effective?
- Why would people want to read this information?
- what do they want to achieve?
- what are the benefits of this article?
- why do they they need this information?
- How will you deliver your point?
- how can I "give" a lot but keep it simple?
- how can I build trust?
- how will this effect your readers to want to come back?
Turned out to be Five Ws (and one H) for some reason. Hope these questions will help you get started with your writing. Always ask before you write.